Non-Traditional Student Services (NTSS), a unit of the Dean of Students, serves SIU Carbondale’s adult student population through guidance, support, and resource referral to enhance educational experiences from the point of entry to degree completion. NTSS also seeks to foster a sense of belonging among adult students by building community through scholarship, service, and support.
At Non-Traditional Student Services, OUR GOAL IS ENSURING YOU REACH YOURS!
NEW PROGRAMS FOR NON-TRADITIONAL STUDENTS
Non-Traditional Peer Mentor Program
The SIU Non-Traditional Student Peer Mentoring program will pair new Non-Traditional Students with an upper class Non-Traditional Peer Mentor. The Peer Mentor will serve as a guide for the new students while also providing resources, support and encouragement.
Transfer Transition Program
The SIU Transfer Transition program will automatically assign new Transfer students to an upper class Transfer Transition student leader. The Transfer Transition Leader will serve as a mentor for new Transfer students while also providing resources, support and encouragement.
Commuter Connections Program
The SIU Commuter Connections Program will automatically assign new Commuter students to an upper class Commuter Advocate. The Commuter Advocate will serve as a mentor for the new Commuter students while also providing resources, support and encouragement.
For more information on these nw programs, please contact the Non-Traditional Student Services office at 618.453.7521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE LOVE SERVING STUDENTS!
Who do we serve?
- Majority (87%) are currently enrolled students
- Majority (67%) are undergraduate students
- Nearly all (89%) reach out via email or in person
- Nearly half (48%) are repeat contacts. Remaining 52% learned of office through newsletter, program/event/new student orientation, NTSS outreach, or by other office or student referral.
- Students contact NTSS with diverse needs. Top contact reasons include:
- General support/questions
- Family ID card